
So we've officially made it to 37 weeks and Bodo is still in the womb! (That's about 3 days longer than big brother Sully stayed in, so I feel good about that!) The 37 week check up on Thursday went well and all seems to be going along as it should. Bodo was snuggled up in there all nice and cozy - I think he or she may be a thumb sucker if in utero behavior is any indication! The measurements of the baby and my fluid levels were all within the normal range, although my belly was still measuring small. I'm in the 37th percentile, apparently. Bodo's estimated weight was 6 pounds 4 ounces, which I thought was weird since that's only 4 ounces less than Sully was at birth. So it looks like I will be pushing out a much bigger child this time! I go back again this Thursday where they will check my cervix to see if anything is going on down there. The weird thing is, I think I am actually hoping that they will tell me it looks like it will be soon! But that's probably just because my sciatica has been killing me since Thursday night, and I am hobbling around like a pirate with a peg leg. I've been propping up my leg, using heat, stretching every 10 minutes, and nothing seems to ease the pain. So if the only cure is going to be getting this baby out, I think I might be begging for that to happen in the next few days! (Mark is probably hoping that too because he's been having to wait on me a lot more in the last few days!) Although, this afternoon the pain does seem to be more bearable, so either I'm just used to it now or my nerve is finally deciding to give me a break. Other than the sciatica, I feel pretty good. Still sleeping ok and no other major issues, so Iguess that's good.
I will post another update after my next appointment, unless of course Bodo decides to show up before that. Either way, I am hoping my body will actually decide it's ready to go into labor on it's own this time. I'd love to deliver without pitocin! Cross your fingers for me!
I will post another update after my next appointment, unless of course Bodo decides to show up before that. Either way, I am hoping my body will actually decide it's ready to go into labor on it's own this time. I'd love to deliver without pitocin! Cross your fingers for me!
No comments:
Post a Comment